Launceston Masters 2016
Launceston Masters Tournament which will commence on Saturday 12th March and conclude Monday 14th March, 2016
Do hope everyone is getting a little excited about being part of the weekend.
There are 16 teams entered into 4 Divisions and the NTSA Tournament Committee have divided these teams into 2 pools with the teams then splitting into 4 Divisions for finals.
Feedback from last year’s tournament was that teams would like more games and all teams will now play 8 games over the weekend
Please see link for draw: Launceston Masters Draw 2016
FRIDAY 11th March 2016
- Staff will be at Churchill Park after 11.00am on Friday for anyone wishing to come and complete your ID/DOB check and check out the complex if this is your first visit. Might be quicker than on the Saturday morning as it will be an early start for everyone.
- All entry fees should be paid before your team takes the diamond on Saturday
SATURDAY 12th March 2016
- All players are required to be registered before their first game
- Managers/umpires meeting will take place in the upstairs Function Room at Churchill Park commencing at 7.15am
- Master’s merchandise will be available again and its hoped to have this displayed downstairs. Final details will be given at the meeting. Great range of items available
SUNDAY 13th March 2016
- NTSA again invites you to attend our Tournament Dinner which will commence approx 6.30/7.00pm on Sunday night. Last game scheduled for 4.00pm so enough time to change. Venue is the Function Room and will be a Spit Roast with salads etc and a selection of desserts.
- Cost is $30 per person with beverages available at bar prices
- For catering purposes please confirm your team numbers and the names of those attending asap (if you haven’t already done so). Payments will be received on Saturday. This will be a relaxing evening and a good way to get to know everyone and enjoy the company of other players.
MONDAY 14th March 2016
- One round to be completed then into bronze medal games followed by silver and gold games.
- All games are scheduled to finish approx 3.00/30pm followed by presentations
- The NTSA envisage that teams should be able to leave to catch flights by 4.30pm. Allow approx 30+min to load, travel and unload at the airport from Churchill Park
- If your flight is earlier than 6.30pm and you are to receive a finals medallion the NTSA may be required to bring your presentation forward so you are able to arrive for your flight
With Softball Australia requiring all registrations to be processed on line it is a requirement that all players and officials be registered before participating in the Tournament.
Your local Club/Association should have completed this but if for some reason this has not been completed you will be required to bring with you a letter from your local association or State Body to say you are registered and are fully paid and waiting for your information to be entered onto the database. This information is important for Insurance purposes. This information can not be backdated and anyone not registered will need to have it completed asap. If you are not registered you will be unable to take the diamond.
The NTSA members are looking forward to catching up with returning teams and their members and meeting new teams and players. With the weather for the weekend forecasted to be good (but you never know with Mother Nature) we hope you get the opportunity to stay a while longer and enjoy our wonderful city.
See you on the diamond!
President Softball Tasmania
On behalf of NTSA